Saturday, May 13, 2006

Exciting ebay auction item

Here's a special opportunity for all of my readers:

Broken green laser pointer (item 9726296628 end time 23-May-06 23:21:02 BST)

I've generally had no problems with ebay, but recently someone sold me a laser pointer that doesn't work. The seller appears to be a box-shifter who simply doesn't respond to problems (of course I noticed he'd had a small proportion of problems before bidding, but thought I was unlikely to be one of them), and paypal's "dispute resolution" isn't worth the (non-functioning) web page it is written on.

I was amused to find that the very first item ever bought on ebay was a broken laser pointer. So here is your chance to re-create a moment in history!

Happy bidding, and good luck!

4 comments:

James Annan said...

Dear Rufus,

Thanks for the helpful advice. I am always receptive to random criticism from complete strangers :-)

Perhaps if you do not find my blog to your taste, you should not read it.

EliRabett said...

Ebay does not accept negative bids. Now there is a new business model for you, how much will I take from you so that you can mail me stuff you don't want.

Anonymous said...

"Ebay does not accept negative bids. Now there is a new business model for you, how much will I take from you so that you can mail me stuff you don't want."

You mean "neither of us want". :)

James Annan said...

"neither of us want"

That's already what the standard version of Ebay is for :-)